The Maine Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection recently published a 40 page guide entitled “DOWNEASTER Common Sense Guide – Finding, Buying and Keeping Your Maine Home.”
As the economy has slowly emerged from the recession that began with the financial melt-down in the fall of 2008, this timely guide offers a brief history of the housing-related events leading up to the crash, the intervening years, and a common sense approach for not repeating those same mistakes.
For a government publication, this is a pretty good read and it is written about Maine mortgages for Mainers. If you are ready to buy a home, or already own a home, click on the link above to get some helpful information, including examples and illustrations.
Focusing on Mortgages and Lending, topics in the guide include:
- Renting vs. Buying – – How to figure what makes sense for you
- Pre-Qualifying yourself to see how much home you can afford
- Credit Reports & Credit Scores – How all that works
- The Mortgage Approval Process
- Staying in Your Home and Living with your Mortgage
If you have further questions, or you are ready to move forward with a home purchase, please call Maine Home Realty for personalized assistance.